Friday, October 31, 2014

Fast Yeti

This is just a goofy little animation project I’ve tinkered with off and on for the past several months. Illustration work was done in Photoshop and animation in After Effects (soundtrack by Waylon Thornton):


Fast Yeti from Denise Plauché on Vimeo.


Unlike the more organic make-it-up-as-I-go-along process used to create the Alice animation, I did plan this one out a bit. 
Initial character sheet:






Storyboards:






Rough cut/animatic using the storyboard sketches:




It all started with the series of paper toy monsters I created last year, which led to more projects, including a cover illustration for the SCBWI Southern Breeze Chapter’s newsletter, then on to other things, like this furry backpack (shown with his pal, Gonzo ;) ):



Needless to say, I’ve gotten a bit carried away with all these yetis—there's even a large version of the paper toy, originally made to hang on the backdrop of my booth at a career fair, that now salutes tailgaters behind me on the road:
































Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment